Two weeks ago I covered a tutorial on how to make your own fabric mouse pad. This weekend I tried it out with some left over fabric from my Quilted Wallet.
This time around, however, I did add in the layer of foam between the shelf life and the fabric. I haven’t decided if the foam is an improvement yet. It certainly was a headache to include, since I couldn’t find anything thinner than 1″ upholstry foam. I took a scissors and hacked my poor foam piece in half, height-wise, to try to get the foam under a more manageable 1/2″. (The 1″ wouldn’t fit under my sewing foot.)
Either way, I love the fabric and am overall pretty pleased with how it turned out!